GET PLUMP, HYDRATED SKIN WITH THE 7 SKIN METHOD!
The 7 Skin Method has made a major splash in the beauty community, and beauty gurus worldwide seem to have embraced this KBeauty trend. The 7 Skin Method exemplifies how Korean skincare excels at hydrating your skin, with its emphasis on the watery hydrating toner step of your skincare routine. Following this method is one of the ways to get “glass skin”, the super smooth and plump, highly coveted glossy complexion that is all the rage in KBeauty circles.
What is the 7 Skin Method?
In essence, the 7 Skin Method is about patting in 7 layers of hydrating toner, known as “skin” in Korea. Layering the toner several times (it doesn’t have to be exactly seven, but multiple times) helps your skin to more deeply absorb the hydration offered by the toner, and layering it helps the moisture to stay in your skin rather than evaporating right away.
Using the 7 Skin Method allows your skin to be deeply moisturized without feeling greasy or sticky. Imagine how sticky your skin would be if you layered your cream 7 times! Instead, toners soak right into your skin without building up a thick layer of product on top.
How to Use the 7 Skin Method
- After cleansing and rinsing your face, apply your first layer of toner either with a cotton pad or with your hands, while your skin is still damp. Using a cotton pad on the first layer can sweep away impurities as well as excess dead skin, which can improve the absorption of the next layers.
- Use your hands to gently pat the rest of the toner layers into your skin, instead of using a cotton pad, which can be abrasive. Pat and press gently until the toner is absorbed but your skin is still damp. Then apply the next layer.
- Continue with as many layers as you wish. With certain toners or some types of skin, 3 to 4 layers will be plenty. With drier skin, you may wish to apply even more than 7 layers!
7 Skin Method Tips
- Be sure to use a toner without alcohol, acids, or other ingredients that can be irritating to the skin. Toners with clean, natural ingredient lists are a good bet, like the Klairs Supple Preparation Toner.
- Toners and essences that are more watery, like the Benton Fermentation Essence, will absorb more quickly without building up a protective film on top of your skin, while thicker toners like the Haru Haru Wonder Hyaluronic Toner will be more protective for dry skin.
- “Skin”, “Toner”, “Essence” and “Essence Toner” are all somewhat interchangeable terms to describe the watery, hydrating liquids that are perfect for the 7 Skin Method. Avoid using serums or exfoliating toners though, because they often contain active ingredients (such as vitamins, acids, and retinoids) that can be irritating at high concentrations.
- Be sure to seal in all that hydration with a cream, sleeping pack, and/or facial oils. You don’t want to lose all the moisture that your skin just absorbed.
- The 7 Skin Method is great for traveling! Instead of bringing your entire skincare routine, just bring your cleanser, a toner, and a cream. Layer the toner several times instead of using multiple essences and serums!
- You can use just one toner for the 7 skin method, or layer on a few different toners! Layer them on from thin to thick for the best effects.
- Use the 7 Skin Method whenever your skin needs an extra boost of hydration!
The 7 Skin Method is an easy way to increase the moisture level of your skin. Why don’t you give it a try? You don’t have to start with 7 layers; just start with 3 or 4 to see how you feel. And while some people do the 7 layers frequently, once or twice a week is a good place to start.